Battle of the Books
Barrett Bookstore, in partnership with The Corbin District, is thrilled to bring back the wildly popular Battle of the Books!
Five Darien community leaders will battle it out as they work to convince the virtual audience that their book deserves to be in Jim Mustich’s wildly popular book, 1,000 Books to Read Before You Die.
Each panelist will have a few minutes to convince the audience, through whatever means they like (talk, sing, dance!) that their book is the worthiest of the bunch. After hearing from each panelist, the audience will vote and crown a winner. Our last two events have packed the house (both in-person and virtual) and we’ve no doubt the enthusiasm will be just as high as we gather together virtually to celebrate our wonderful community and our shared love of books.
- Gregory Cowles, Senior Editor, Books, The New York Times
- Henri Helander, Founder and Owner, To and From Nails
- Tiere Hessert, Founder and Owner, MamaCollective
- Kiera Parrott, Director, Darien Library
- Holly Russell, Writer and Teacher